Training For The Future
Course in Identification and Awareness of Asbestos Containing Materials - 11004NAT
- Full: $370 ($390 as of 01/01/2024)
- CITB: $150 ($170 as of 01/01/2024)
- 4 hours (Face to Face)
- As required
- To raise awareness among all workers in the construction industry about the risk of asbestos containing materials present in buildings and new imported building products and materials.
Unit of Competency:
- NAT11004001 – Identify asbestos containing materials and follow safety and reporting procedures
- Identify and discuss the legal requirements for safely managing and controlling asbestos containing materials in the construction industry
- Access buildings and products for the risk for the risk of asbestos containing materials
- Identify information and reporting processes when asbestos is identified or suspected
- Identify incident response procedures when asbestos is identified or suspected
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Statement of Attainment
- Ability to use and understand basic English
- Ability to read and understand sections of the relevant Australian Legislation
- All students will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to receive their certificates and or cards. Click here to apply for your USI or bring your ID (Driver's Licence, Passport, Medicare Card, Birth Certification or Immicard) on the first day of training to apply at CITC. For more information, go to www.usi.gov.au
Need More Information or Want To Make A Group Booking:
- Still have questions about the course or need to make a group onsite or offsite booking. Send an enquiry via the Course Enquiry button below or telephone (08) 8301 4500.
Ready to Enrol:
- Simply click the Enrol Now button below to complete an online enrolment form. The CITC will get back to you promptly to advise the outcome of your online enrolment or should we require further information from you. Or alternatively, please telephone (08) 8301 4500 to speak to an Enrolments Officer.
***The CITC advises that course dates and times are subject to change and course enrolments are subject to availability.
Click to download Student Pre-Enrolment Information
Click to download PDF Course Outline