Operate Breathing Apparatus - MSMWHS216
- Full: $260
- CITB: $115
- 8 hours / 1 day (Face to Face)
- 8:00am - 4:30pm or as required
Units of Competency:
- MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- To provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to use, fit and safely store breathing apparatus.
- Types of respiratory protective devices (breathing apparatus) as per AS/NZS 1715 & 1716
- Physical & mental aptitude
- Calculation of cylinder duration
- Donning starting up and testing procedures
- Operational procedures
- Recommissioning set for operation
- Cleaning & storage
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Statement of Attainment
- Participants must be clean shaven to be assessed as competent. Participants can participate in the training but where facial hair obstructs achieving a clean seal a Certificate of Attendance will be issued instead of a Statement of Attainment
- Medically fit and able to wear full face mask
- Basic English
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- All students will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to receive their certificates and or cards. Click here to apply for your USI or bring your ID (Driver's Licence, Passport, Medicare Card, Birth Certification or Immicard) on the first day of training to apply at CITC. For more information, go to www.usi.gov.au
Need More Information or Want To Make A Group Booking:
- Still have questions about the course or need to make a group onsite or offsite booking. Send an enquiry via the Course Enquiry button below or telephone (08) 8301 4500.
Ready to Enrol:
- Simply click the Enrol Now button below to complete an online enrolment form. The CITC will get back to you promptly to advise the outcome of your online enrolment or should we require further information from you. Or alternatively, please telephone (08) 8301 4500 to speak to an Enrolments Officer.
***The CITC advises that course dates and times are subject to change and course enrolments are subject to availability.
Click to download Student Pre-Enrolment Information
Click to download PDF Course Outline